ARA Certified Recycler program is an industry-led quality assurance program designed to enhance the utilization of recycled parts in the collision and mechanical repair process. Certified Auto Recyclers distinguish themselves as professionals committed to meeting the industry’s highest performance standards. Certified Auto Recyclers achieve their designation after completing a self-assessment. The ARA Certified Recycler Guidebook provides instructions about the completing the evaluation.
The ARA Certified Recycler program provides the following benefits to its recyclers:
- An assurance that recyclers are being held to a consistent level of standards.
- Guidance, training, and resources to help implement best practices.
- A designation that associates their facility with other progressive automotive recyclers.
There are four basic steps to becoming an ARA Certified Auto Recycler:
- Review program guidelines by downloading and reading the program guidebook and the program details below.
- Ensure all employees have completed the required training. See below for more information.
- Download the self-audit checklist below and conduct your facility self-assessment. Correct any deficiencies found and take photos where instructed. You will upload photos during the application process.
- Register to become an ARA Certified Auto Recycler by completing the application form. Upon submission, you will be sent to PayPal to complete the registration fee payment.
That’s it, it’s really quite simple. After you have submitted all the necessary information, the administration will review your application. You will be notified of the status of your application by email, and once approved, your signage will be shipped to you and you will be granted the right to identify and advertise your shop as an ARA Certified Automotive Recycler, as well participate in any ARA-sponsored marketing programs.
Certified Automotive Recycler Program - Additional Details
Certified Auto Recyclers achieve their designation after their existing management team and employees complete a series of online courses modules. Each course module focuses on a specific aspect of the automotive recycling supply chain. These modules are designed to educate employees on industry best practices and expectations.
The courses are available on the ARA Training Centre of Excellence.
The four course modules are as follows:
AR101 – Dismantler Orientation
This module contains four sections:
- Environmental Processing.
- Body Parts and Interior Dismantling.
- Mechanical Parts Dismantling.
- Work Orders, Storage and Cleaning, Sectioning and Shipping.
This module is required for anyone who dismantles or pulls parts from vehicles.
AR102 – Inventory Management and Parts-Grading
This module contains several sections, including the following:
- Understanding the 2012 ARA Parts Definition Standards.
- Understanding the ARA Damage Code.
- Understanding and Identifying A, B, & C Parts-Grading.
- Understanding the Importance of Good Inventory Management.
This module is required for managers or employees who are involved with inventory management, sales, or shipping of parts.
AR103 – Standards of Performance
This module is designed for employees who are involved in managing and selling parts, or communicating and reconciling parts orders with repair facilities. The course will focus on the current standards and expectations (as detailed in the ICBC MD Manual) for both the Certified Auto Recycler and the repair facilities with which they do business.
This module is required for managers and supervisors, and employees involved in parts sales and/or inventory management.
AR104 – Collision Repair Shop Relations
This module is designed to increase parts sales by identifying challenges between auto recyclers and collision repair shops and providing best practices for overcoming these challenges and improving customer relations.
This module is required for managers and all employees involved with parts sales and inventory management.